Montclair Roofing Gikas provides roofing so many years and accomplish all roofing services of our customers in Nutley, New Jersey. Our experienced and certified Nutley Roofers perform the most specialized roofing services having acquainted many years of experience and know-how. Our finished roofing projects are accompanied by a written guaranteed result and the certificates required!
Gikas Roofing services in Nutley NJ
Roofing is not an easy task. The various materials of covering serves the different specifications that a roof must meet depending on the New Jersey area where you have your property and the requirements of each customer in terms of aesthetics and cost.
Nutley Roofing is the most important part of your house’s shelter. It is the cover at the top of a house that provides protection from all kind of severe weather conditions, especially rain and snow, but also heat, wind and sunlight. Roofing indicates the structure that supports this shelter.
Sheltering the top of a house, is used to protect it from rain, snow, sunlight, wind and extreme temperatures. Roofs are made in a wide variety of forms as dictated by technical, economic or even aesthetic factors. Nutley Roofers construct roofs of high standards that meet the requirements of our customers in New Jersey. Having experience in the roof construction and roof repair industry, Nutley Roofers propose solutions according to the needs of each house in order to have a long-term satisfactory result.
Roof construction with an attic design
When preparing a roofing project for the construction of any type of attic, it is recommended to take it into account in different projections to visually determine the location of all supporting elements. Calculating all the parameters of the attic, must be immediately introduced to the project.
Based on the calculations made by Gikas Roofing experts, the locations and methods of installation of all the structural elements of the beam system are determined. The calculation is also necessary to accurately determine the materials required for the construction of the attic and their parameters.
Roofing structural elements
Any of the wooden constructions of the roof attic consists of certain elements that are connected to each other by joints that have different configurations. In order to better understand the design of these connections, it is advisable to design each of them and when performing installation work, it is imperative to have this design in hand.
The structure of the sloping roof includes the following system elements:
- Mauerlat – element, made of wooden beams and mounted on the main walls of the building along its length. It serves for the uniform distribution of the load from the structure of the beam system to the wall and the foundation. Rafter legs are installed and fastened to the Mauerlat. This element is placed on both the gable and the broken structure of the attic roof.
- Floor beams, which are placed on the main walls of the building and form the basis for the future attic and the roof of the first floor, as well as for the installation of the entire beam system.
- The leg of the beam consists of a straight element – bar planks on a gable, or two parts – on a broken structure. On a pitched roof, the top, attached to the ridge, is called the ridge and the bottom, which forms the walls of the attic, is called the side. Obviously, the side leg will be installed on a multi-level base, while the upper ridge beam usually hangs
- A bar or board of a certain thickness is used for the ridge. Sometimes they do without it, connecting the upper parts of the ridge of the beam legs, which form the ridge.
- Shelves are the supporting elements of the system. They support the girder legs and relieve some of the load from the walls and the base of the structure. The shelves will in the future become a box for the walls, which will be installed in the process of finishing the attic.
- Slopes or other elements that are installed diagonally are additional brackets that hold the beams and retaining beams together, making the system design more reliable.
- Rods are placed between the legs of the beam for rigidity, called beams between beams – they also give rigidity to the system.
Contact Nutley Roofers in New Jersey
Ensure your safety from severe weather conditions by using a specialized craftsman like Nutley Roofers for your roof installation or repair. Nutley Roofers pay special attention to the waterproofing of your roof throughout the insulation process. Proper waterproofing of the roof will prevent the leaking of water to the interior and the creation of moisture inside the house.
The insulation of the roof and the waterproofing will increase your home’s duration and will save you from damage and repair costs in the future. Ask for a roofing construction or roof repair free estimate or call Nutley Roofers at 9738357775 and design your new roof with the new trends together with an architect.
We hope we have given you ideas for converting a roof into an attic. Think about how you want to make the space and Nutley Roofers will make your dream come true! For any roofing project, we are here! Post your work completely free of charge in contact form and receive your free estimate from the best professionals Nutley Roofers in New Jersey.
Feel free to contact us to discuss your roofing ideas. We look forward to hearing from you, at Gikas Roofing in Montclair, New Jersey.