Roofing is a traditional choice for covering your house since they have been placed on the top of houses for many centuries. And maybe in Montclair, New Jersey we do not meet them very often because there are apartment buildings everywhere, but as soon as we move away from the center we see them dominating the houses. But why is roofing so in demand? What are the characteristics that make it stand out?
The characteristics of roofs in Montclair
Roofs are sloping roofs made of a wooden base on which the tiles are placed. One of their fundamental characteristics is their thermal insulating properties. So we find that houses with roofing are warmer in winter and cooler in summer since the heating is more efficient during the winter months and, respectively, the heat does not affect the interior of the house so strongly during the summer months.
Another advantage of roofs is their resistance to water and ice and the protection they offer from moisture. In particular, their moisture resistance is the reason why we meet them very often on the roofs of houses located in areas with high humidity and in areas where it snows frequently as the sloping shape of the roof helps to remove snow.
The economy offered by the roofing is also important since their maintenance costs are very low. Also, due to their thermal insulation properties, they provide us with energy and money savings, since the need for space heating and air conditioning is reduced.
At this point, we should not miss the fire protection offered by a roof. If we consider that in order to make the raw materials of the roof they have gone through very high temperatures then it is easily understood that they are non-flammable materials.
Of course, the great variety that exists in colors and designs, able to cater to every taste and style is another important factor to prefer them.
The material with which we will cover the roof of our house is an important case, so it is good before we decide to turn to a specialized workshop to consider not only the architecture of our region but also the climatic conditions of the area where we live.
Why choose a tiled roof and not simple insulation?
- A properly insulated tile roof offers protection from rain, snow, hail, light, and heat of the sun, in contrast to the simple insulation of the roof that is not more than 7-8 years old.
- The tiled roof can be easily converted into an attic and accommodate from a simple room to an additional floor.
- A properly insulated tiled roof offers you a cool summer and a warm winter, as the warm air has the ability to rise upwards. So in winter, you lose much of the heat, and summer combined with strong sunlight becomes your home an oven.
- We have all wondered about the picturesque villages of the province with the crimson tiled roofs, but none of us has wondered about an insulated terrace.
- The tiled roof is a traditional way of covering a roof, giving the building personality, nobility, and uniqueness, as opposed to insulation.
What is the best time to insulate a tiled roof?
What is certain is that it should not rain until the insulation and thermal insulation works of the roof begin. Insulating a tiled roof beyond the summer, which most people think is the perfect time, can be done even in the fall, winter, or spring. A proper thermal insulation company like Gikas Roofing checks the humidity of the roof with thermographic machine and consults the meteorological report in order to know the local climatic conditions for the next days.
Only when the appropriate conditions and permissible humidity limits exist does the implementation of the project begin. So practically, the thermal insulation and insulation of a roof can be done all seasons as long as it does not rain.
What are the benefits of tiled roof insulation?
The benefits of tiled roof insulation are:
- Immediate and for many years energy savings
- Reduction of the roof temperature up to 50%
- Reduction of the internal temperature of the house up to 25%
- Protection of the roof from the weather R
- Roof renovation and color change if desired
- Prevent the growth of fungi & microorganisms
- Waterproof the roof
What are the phases of roof insulation?
First, the repair works are done on the roof, i.e roof repair if necessary, gluing of the pegs, the riders & complete sealing of the roof if, of course, it is required. Then the roof is sprayed with a special nanotechnology cleaner and the roof is washed with a special machine.
This is followed by the primer. Then the main coating is sprayed. The final layers are mainly 2 but depending on the roofing project can also be 3. Finally, the insulating seal of the chimney is done, as well as other openings such as roof windows and skylights.
For the materials that will be used, the professionals of Gikas Roofing can guarantee both for their quality and for their durability. You can contact us to give you an offer for the installation of a new roof or repair of your existing one.
How long does it take to insulate your roof?
The time it usually takes to make a proper roof insulation is from 3 to 10 days. The actual work time will be analyzed by the experienced professionals of Gikas Roofing in Montclair, and depends on the insulation chosen, the condition of the roof, the weather conditions that will prevail and, of course, the size of the roofing project.
Roof repair in Montclair
Professional roofing provides high durability and it shows minor damage that can be easily repaired. The process is simple: The broken tiles are welded with a strong repairing cement mortar and then sealed with a spreadable cementitious sealant. After the repair of the roof, maintenance is required once a year, with study and inspection.
Key reasons you will need roof repair:
- Damage from natural phenomena (e.g rain, wind, earthquake)
- Leakage from the roof
- Defects in construction
- Lack of maintenance
- Lack of good waterproofing and insulation
How to choose a roofing company?
A proper roofing company that you can trust should have the following:
- Certified workshops
- Be a certified company and have ISO
- Have an extensive experience that can be proven through its projects
- Use only certified roofing materials
- To have the appropriate technological equipment as well as the necessary tools for each service
- To give a written multi-year guarantee for its work
- To have many roofers so that it can be consistent
- To prepare an accurate estimate specifying how long the project will last and the materials that will be used
- Provide services at the best possible market rates
Why choose Gikas Roofing?
Gikas Roofing is a an honorable company, rewarded with the Essex 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards and is operating since the early 1980s. We provide high-level quality construction services for all your roofing projects. We take seriously all our roofing projects, from the basic examination to the last stage. Just call us at 9738357775 and design your new roof with the new trends together with an architect.